Selling a home doesn’t have to be a difficult process when you have an experienced real estate agent to assist with the sale. Your agent will not only list the property on the real estate market, but a variety of marketing services are available as well. One effective strategy is to schedule an open house to give potential buyers an opportunity to see the property. But, there are a few specific steps that need to be followed to ensure the success of the open house:
1. Stage the Home with Accessories and Furniture: Make sure that every room is spotless and nothing is out of place. Get rid of clutter and remove personal items. Choose neutral furniture and décor so that every visitor has an easy time envisioning their family living in the home.
2. Remove Pets: It doesn’t matter if the family dog can stay in the backyard or a kennel. The best solution is to remove the pet from the property during the open house. Also, get rid of signs of the animal, such as bedding, kennels, food, etc.
3. Advertising and Signs: Spread the word by listing the open house on Craigslist and any other real estate portals in the area. It can also be helpful to place signs in the yard and at nearby intersections so that people are directed to the house.
4. Give People Space: While it is a good idea to be warm and welcoming, make sure that visitors have the peace and quiet that they want as they are touring the home.
5. Provide Copies of the Inspections: If you completed any presale inspections, such as an overall evaluation or a termite report, then have copies of this documentation available for prospective buyers.
6. Offer Property Information Sheets: It can be hard for buyers to remember the details of the various homes that are visited. Provide sheets with property information to share facts about the home, such as square footage, lot size, assessments, and taxes. It can also be helpful to include information about the community, including nearby hospitals, schools, and retailers.
When you have a good real estate agent to help with the sale of the home, you can rest assured to know that all of the details will be addressed before the open house. Call me any time if you need advice or support as you are preparing to sell your home.